Signed and dated 'C. Stanfield R.A. 1848' and titled 'Fisher's Alley' (all by the artist on the original mount). This records what was more usually called Fisher Lane, which approached the north-west side of the King Charles Court of Greenwich Hospital behind waterfront buildings on the present site of Greenwich Pier, until the whole area was cleared in the 1840s. The sign of the old Ship Tavern can be seen at the far end of the lane.
Look for more Clarkson Stanfield prints.