Flintlock pistol designed for Admiral Philippe d'Auvergne 1754-1814. The stock is of walnut, fully stocked to the muzzle and fitted with a brass trigger guard and brass butt cap. There are two brass ramrod pipes into which the wooden ramrod is fitted. The lock is a flintlock. The barrel is of brass, circular section and smooth bore. The pistol is inscribed on the barrel 'HN' crown over crossed sceptres. The lockplate is inscribed 'TOWER NOCK' with a Georgian crown over 'GR', the stock is inscribed with a crown over '8', and a crown over 'GR' over '78'.
Look for more Henry Nock prints.