'Cutty Sark' was launched in 1869. She was built of teak on an iron frame by Scott and Linton of Dumbarton. Registered in London, the 962-GRT 'Cutty Sark' was involved in the tea trade and later the Australian wool trade. Her first Master was George Moodie of East India Dock Road, Poplar and she was owned by John Willis. She was eventually sold to the Portuguese and renamed the 'Ferreira'. The vessel was later bought back to England in 1922 by Captain Wilfred Dowman. He kept her at Falmouth until she became a training ship for the Thames Nautical Training College at Greenhithe in 1938. This photograph shows her being positioned on the Thames in June 1938, with the assistance of the tug 'Muria'
Look for more unknown prints.
'Cutty Sark' (1869) being towed by tug 'Muria' on the Thames appears in: