The standard of the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. This flag was flown when Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) held this office. Part of fourth quarter is missing. The standard is made of bunting of a wool and synthetic fibre, machine-sewn with a printed design. The flag was purchased in 1980 and is accompanied by a brown paper label reading: ' FOR MR FLINS NEW OFFICE CHURCHILL'S CINQ PORTS BANNER RECEIVED FROM MR FLIN THURS 27.2.69' Mr Flin was an employee of John Edgington's. The flag has an embroidered maker's label 'JOHN EDGINGTON, 108 OLD KENT ROAD, LONDON S.E.1'.
Original size: 889 mm x 1296 mm
Look for more John Edgington prints.