Building the Royal Victoria Docks, 9 September 1854
Image form the London Illustrated News. The Victoria Dock was built east of Bow Creek on the Plaistow Marshes. It was built by the St Katharine Dock Company and was opened by Prince Albert in 1855. The soil from the dock area was transported up the Thames and used to consolidate the marshy land of Battersea Park, which was opened in 1859.
- Image reference: H4384
- National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London
More by this artist
Search for similar images
Product images of Building the Royal Victoria Docks, 9 September 1854
We use a 280gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.
Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Read more about our fine art prints.
Manufactured in the UK
All products are printed in the UK, using the latest digital presses and a giclée printmaking process.
We only use premium branded inks, and colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Delivery & returns
We print everything to order so delivery times may vary but all unframed prints are despatched within 2-4 days via courier or recorded mail.
Due to the coronovirus pandemic and Brexit situation, current shipping times may be longer, particularly for destinations outside the UK.
Delivery to the UK is £5 for an unframed print of any size.
We will happily replace your order if everything isn’t 100% perfect.