Frontal view of The Royal Exchange
The Merchant Seamens Office, over the Royal Exchange was used for committee meetings by the Marine Society from 15 July 1756 to 6 April 1758. The building shown here was the second one used by the Royal Exchange. It opened in 1669 and eventually much of the property was taken over by Royal Exchange Assurance and Lloydâ€™s of London. The Merchant Seamen's Office had its headquarters over the Royal Exchange during the 1750s. The offices were used for committee meetings by the Marine Society from July 1756 to April 1758.
Object number: PAD1379
Original dimensions: 235 mm x 317 mm
- Image reference: PU1379
- National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London
More by this artist
Search for similar images
Product images of Frontal view of The Royal Exchange
We use a 280gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.
Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Read more about our fine art prints.
Manufactured in the UK
All products are printed in the UK, using the latest digital presses and a giclée printmaking process.
We only use premium branded inks, and colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Delivery & returns
We print everything to order so delivery times may vary but all unframed prints are despatched within 2-4 days via courier or recorded mail.
Due to the coronovirus pandemic and Brexit situation, current shipping times may be longer, particularly for destinations outside the UK.
Delivery to the UK is £5 for an unframed print of any size.
We will happily replace your order if everything isn’t 100% perfect.