Product images of Laboratory Square at Woolwich Arsenal, facing south
We use a 280gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.
Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Read more about our fine art prints.
Manufactured in the UK
All products are printed in the UK, using the latest digital presses and a giclée printmaking process.
We only use premium branded inks, and colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Laboratory Square at Woolwich Arsenal, facing south
Ordnance stores were first set up at the dockyard at Woolwich in the 16th century under a directive of Henry VIII. The first recorded building on the present Royal Arsenal site was a mansion called Tower House, built in 1545, within an area known as the Warren. Gun manufacturing and proofing had taken place within the City of London but a more isolated area was desirable and from the 1650s guns were tested at the Warren. In 1671 Tower Place and the adjacent land was bought by the Crown for use as ordnance stores. In 1696 the Royal Laboratories were built. By that time the Warren was the largest gun repository in the country.
Original size: 554 mm x 767 mm
- Image reference: PT2303
- National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London